CluedIn Setupdeployment installation setup azure
In order to prepare the setup of CluedIn in Azure, you need to have all required tools ready on your machine. Once the pre-requisites are met, you can choose between a manual step-by-step, or a guided PowerShell installation.
- Install PowerShell 7 locally.
- Install Azure CLI for the specific OS you are using (Windows, MacOS or Linux)
- Create a folder where you can store the different tools & files you will need for the installation, for example
$env:usernamecontains your user name.
- Open a PowerShell 7 session
- Create a new folder using the following command:
Navigate to the new folder
- Assign the path of your folder to a new Environment Variable, that you can name AzureTools for example:
$env:AzureTools = "C:\Users\$env:username\AzureTools"
- Add the newly created variable to your machine’s PATH variable:
$env:PATH += ";C:\Users\$env:username\AzureTools"
Moving forwards, make sure you are inside the newly created folder.
- Install kubectl locally: Windows, MacOS or Linux.
- Example for Windows:
In your PowerShell session, run the following commands one by one:
Command to install kubectl.exe
curl -LO "https://dl.k8s.io/release/v1.22.0/bin/windows/amd64/kubectl.exe"
Command to install the kubectl Checksum file
curl -LO "https://dl.k8s.io/v1.22.0/bin/windows/amd64/kubectl.exe.sha256"
Command to check the validity of the installation (should return True)
$($(CertUtil -hashfile .\kubectl.exe SHA256) -replace " ", "") -eq $(type .\kubectl.exe.sha256)
Command to check the installed version
kubectl version --client
The results should look like the following Make sure kubectl is added to your PATH through the AzureTools folder
$env:PATH -split ';'
- Example for Windows:
- Install Helm
- Choose the latest release that suits your OS here
- Download the appropriate zip, for example:
helm-vX.Y.Z-windows-amd64.zipfor Windows x64
- Extract the content on the zip into your AzureTools folder
After performing the above steps, your Azure Folder should look like the following:
- Check your Azure access & permissions:
- Provision a hostname for the CluedIn application, for example:
cluedin-dev.companyName.com, this will be the hostname used in the remainder of the installation.
- Purchase or generate an SSL certificate bound to *.hostname, for example: *.cluedin-dev.companyName.com. If you choose not to use HTTPS immediately (despite its importance, especially for production environments), you can reconfigure CluedIn later to use HTTPS.
- You own a Docker Hub account, for which you requested access to CluedIn’s Docker images. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org you have not gotten the access enabled yet.
- Go to Step-by-Step Setup
- Go to PowerShell Setup